Kenneth Vercammen is a Middlesex County Trial Attorney who has published 130 articles in national and New Jersey publications on Criminal Law, Probate, Estate and litigation topics.

He was awarded the NJ State State Bar Municipal Court Practitioner of the Year.

He lectures and handles criminal cases, Municipal Court, DWI, traffic and other litigation matters.

To schedule a confidential consultation, call us or New clients email us evenings and weekends via contact box www.njlaws.com.

Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, P.C,

2053 Woodbridge Avenue,

Edison, NJ 08817,

(732) 572-0500

Thursday, August 1, 2019

"Jumping Jack Flash"

The Rolling Stones Lyrics
https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rollingstones/jumpingjackflash.html

Play "Jumping Jack Flash"
on Amazon Music

"Jumping Jack Flash"

I was born in a crossfire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain

But it's all right now, in fact it's a gas
But it's all right
I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas

I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
I was schooled with a strap right across my back

But it's all right now, in fact it's a gas
But it's all right
I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas

I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead
I fell down, to my feet and I saw they bled
Yeah, and I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread, yeah yeah
Yeah, I was crowned with a spike right through my head

But it's all right now, in fact it's a gas
But it's all right
I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas, gas, gas

Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas
Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas






Submit Corrections


Play "Jumping Jack Flash"
on Amazon Music

Writer(s): M. JAGGER, K. RICHARDS 
The title of this song was inspired by Keith Richards' answer to Mick Jagger, when the latter had asked about the noise made by Richards' gardener beyond the window. Keith explained to Rolling Stone magazine in 1970, "I said, 'Oh, that's Jack. That's jumping Jack.'"
With this song, The Rolling Stones returned to their blues roots after the psychedelic phase in their works.
This track was planned to appear on their "Beggar's Banquet" album, but they decided to issue it as a single. It eventually topped the charts in the UK. In the USA, though, it reached number three.
The line "I was born in a crossfire hurricane" is a reference to Keith Richards' birth place and time: London in 1943, when the city was bombed by Nazis during the Second World War.
live album: "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" (1970)